Equipment: CEM/Microwave MarsOne
Acquisition year: 2017
Responsible: Ana Pimentel /
Description: Microwave technology has become a common tool for chemical synthesis both in academia and industry. Compared to conventional means of synthesis, the advantages of heating with a microwave include: Faster reaction times; improved purity; greater yields; better reproducibility; enhanced reaction control.
- Controls up to 12 vessels, using a contactless IR sensor;
- Allows precise power input of one to twelve samples;
- Superior waveguide technology;
- Automatically shuts off power, if a disturbance is detected during a run;
- Teflon® turntable weighs less than 4 kg and is HF resistant and corrosion proof;
- Run a single sample, or up to 12 simultaneously, in a 55 mL or 75 mL volume vessel.
Link for additional information (if any):