Emerge is excited to feature the upcoming workshop on emerging printed electronics and bioelectronics, in conjunction to the NanoBio 2023 conference on Nanotechnologies and Bionanoscience, set to take place on 11th-15th September 2023, in the heart of Heraklion City, Crete, Greece. This event aims to showcase novel techniques and functional materials that enable the creation of thin, flexible, and transparent electronic devices. Bringing together leading researchers, industry experts, and innovators, the workshop aims to stimulate collaboration and drive advancements in this rapidly evolving field.
The workshop will focus on a wide range of topics, including the manufacturing of large area electronics’ components and systems. Experts from various sectors will gather to address the challenges and opportunities presented by unconventional eco-recyclable substrates, roll-to-roll manufacturing, and scaling up production. Attendees can expect discussions on high-performance materials for printed electronics, including organic semiconductors, metal oxides, graphene, 2D and layered materials, perovskite and perovskite-inspired materials, quantum dots, and novel conductors and dielectrics.
Moreover, the workshop will explore the realm of flexible electronics, emphasizing areas like bioelectronics, wearable devices, biosensors, drug delivery devices, and printed scaffolds for bioelectronics. The applications of printed electronics will also be discussed extensively, covering various industries such as the Internet of Things, haptics for tactile internet, smart textiles, automotive, aerospace, smart buildings, security, smart agriculture, and real-world case studies of large area electronic systems in market trials.
Key topics covered in the workshop include:
- Development of printed electronic and bioelectronic materials and devices
- Examination of printing processes and equipment
- Research on flexible energy storage devices and materials
- Study of flexible electronic materials and their applications
- Research on biosensors and bioelectronics
- Exploration of the use of artificial intelligence in printing technology
- Investigation of 3D and 4D printed electronics and bioelectronics
- Analysis of flexible electronics for soft bodies and robots
Stay tuned to EMERGE for exclusive coverage and highlights from this workshop and Summer School in Crete.