Description: The system is capable of measuring the spectral response and quantum efficiency of any kind of photovoltaic devices, such as single or multi junction solar cells or sensors in an area up to 29 mm2 and in the light wavelength range from 350 to 1400 nm. It is also possible to apply light or voltage bias up to 10 V during the measurements.
The setup consists on the following elements and characteristics:
- Newport high performance sealed hole table top
- High current power supply from Eurosep Instruments
- 75 W Xenon XBO lamp from Osram
- Monochromator H10 IR from Jobin Yvon with 0.5, 1 and 2 mm slits and a linear dispersion of 16 nm/mm
- Optical fiber with 2 way splitter
- Source-Measure Unit Keithley 236
- IBM type Personal Computer (with data acquisition software Monocrom)
- Radiometer IL1700 from International Light with a silicon or germanium sensor
- The measurements can be performed manually or automatically with a computer.
Link for additional information (if any):
Spectral Response – Homemade system | CENIMAT (unl.pt)