Software: LB3D / HI ERN
Technique: Lattice Boltzmann simulations of complex fluids
Contact Person (Forschungszentrum Jülich)/ Responsible: Hans-Joachim Egelhaaf (email@example.com), Jens Harting (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Description: LB3D is a state of the art massively parallel lattice Boltzmann code for the simulation of multicomponent and multiphase fluids which is specifically applicable to printing and coating processes. It can handle evaporating fluid mixtures, particle suspensions, chemical reactions as well as the dynamics of charges at the Nernst-Planck level.
- Multicomponent/multiphase lattice Boltzmann solver based on the Shan-Chen and Color-Gradient models.
- Arbitrary 2D or 3D geometries with variable wetting properties.
- Flexible boundary conditions including the simulation of evaporation/dissolution of fluid species.
- Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids
- Coupled Discrete Element and Immersed Boundary solvers for solid and soft suspended objects
- Nernst-Planck solver for the dynamics of ions in the fluids
- Tailored for HPC clusters with excellent single core performance and scaling to hundreds of thousands of CPUs.