Equipment: Park XE7 AFM platform
Technique: Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) platform including Scanning Kelvin Probe Microscopy (SKPM), Dynamic Contact EFM (DC-EFM) and Piezoresponse Force Microscopy (PFM) modes.
Acquisition year: 2017
Responsible: Dimitris Tsikritzis /
Description: Atomic Force Microscope system for small and medium size samples, consisting of completely decoupled XY & Z scanners using flexure guided scan system for all three axes, closed/open-loop scan, XY flexure scanner with zero background curvature, XE AFM head, direct on-axis optics, high resolution digital CCD camera with digital zoom, motorized Z stage, manual focus stage, precision manual XY sample stage, control electronics, computer, software and cantilevers.
- XY scanner with closed-loop feedback control
- Single module parallel-kinematics flexure stage
- Scan range: 50 × 50 μm
- Resolution: < 0.6 nm (closed-loop), < 0.01 nm (open-loop)
- Z scanner with closed-loop feedback control
- Guided flexure stage
- Scan range: 12 μm
- Noise level: 0.03 nm (typical) / 0.05 nm (maximum)
- Enhanced EFM, Scanning Kelvin Probe Microscopy (SKPM), Dynamic Contact EFM (DC-EFM) and Piezoresponse Force Microscopy (PFM) modes.
- Supports standard AFM/SPM modes including True Non-contact mode, dynamic contact mode, contact mode, LFM (lateral force microscopy), F/D spectroscopy, and phase imaging with no need of additional software/hardware option.
- Performs MFM, EFM, FMM, and Nanoindentation