Description: Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) is a high resolution scanning probe microscope with resolution on the order of sub nanometer. The AFM consist of a cantilever with a sharp tip used to scan the surface of a sample. The instrument is used for tapping or contact mode atomic force microscopy imaging.
- Sample size 150 mm diameter 12 mm thick;
- Stage movement x-y 150 mm with 2 micron resolution;
- Video optics with zoom 150-675 micron viewing area;
- Piezo scan head range; 90 micron x-y and 6 micron in z;
- 16 bits DAC giving sub nanometer resolution;
- Max 512 x 512 samples/image;
- Contact and tapping mode AFM, Conductive AFM;
- Typical applications: Characterization of surface roughness, Step height and mapping of topography.