Equipment: Ambios XP200 Profiler
Contact person (UNINOVA): Pedro Barquinha (firstname.lastname@example.org), Inês Cunha (email@example.com)
Responsible: Joana Vaz Pinto (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Description: Profilometry is a fast and direct method for measuring step heights, surface roughness, etching depths and planarity. A diamond stylus is placed in contact with a sample and moved laterally across the sample for a specified distance and contact force. The height position of the diamond stylus generates an analogue signal which is converted into a digital signal stored, analysed and displayed.
- Vertical range from 10 Å to 1.2 mm
- Vertical resolution of 1 Å in the 2.5 µm range and 100 nm in the 1.2 mm range.
- Maximum Scan length of 55 mm
- Motorized and programmable stage positioning
- Sample alignment through a Colour Camera with Zoom magnificationof 40X to 160X.
- Standard stylus: diamond tip with 2.5 µm radius.
- Programmable Stylus tracking force from 0.03 mgF to 10 mgF.
- Programmable scan speed.
- Automation routines included to allow step detection and profile substration
- 3D surface mapping using TrueMap software
Samples: Maximum sample dimensions are 200 mm diameter and heights up to 55 mm.
Link for additional information: